Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trailer hitch lock is stuck

If the lock is stuck, the tow bar may also be rotted to the receiver. More
heat and beat. I've seen tow bars that were seriously stuck on.

One time, I also helped a friend remove a ball hitch from a SUV. That took
heat, and impact gun to get the bolts to loosen.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
You already did the oil and hammer method. Try to hammer harder!!!!
It's junk anyhow.....

If that dont work, use an angle grinder and cut it off. Thats a no
brainer....

Of course you'll have to buy a new one, but it dont have to be the
locking type unless you live in a real high crime area. The non-lock
type are about $5.