Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Designing a work table with AC

Mike Marlow wrote:

If there
were ever a way to get him to just do something without all of the
questions, he'd be thrilled at what he learned and accomplished. I'd
actually love to see that on his behalf.

I figuring out, by myself, how one pole powered my 220v AC motor
yesterday. The analysis only took me about 45 seconds, but it took me
quite a few hours to prepare to do that 45 seconds worth of work. The
end of those 45 seconds brought a thrill. I learned, or relearned a few
things about woodworking and woodcarving this weekend too. That was
exciting too. What these have in common is that I was asking questions
(in most cases, to myself). Read my previous post about EMT, lighting,
drywall, etc. to see that I am in fact "accomplishing" (at least in my
opinion). Like most people, I think, I find some days or weeks more
productive than others. I will concede that in some cases (like with my
drywall), I may be being more meticulous than the circumstances warrant.
There was an old (late 70s) country song, "Life's a dance (you learn
as you go...)". It was a good 'un.

Don't you have any questions? I think learning and sharing are two of
the better spices of life. At least among the ones that mostly don't
get you into any trouble! ; )

Cheers,
Bill