Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Designing a work table with AC

Bill wrote:

I've used a hammer and nail, just to help the drill start in the right
place--I've found it has some tendency to twist away from where you
point it!

Hey Bill - you are not building a replica of a french table here. Just
drill the hole with what ever you have. Hell - I could cut that hole with a
jack knife and be close enough. Really - any wander you get, or any other
amount of imprecise product you end up with, is going to be moot. You are
(yet again...) spending too much time thinking about things. If you would
just put tool to wood, you would discover the answers to so many of the
things you keep berating this group with. So what if you screw up? Just
fix it and move on. You are building a simple table here and despite all of
your planning and Sketchuping and all that other crap - what could have and
should have been knocked together in a couple of hours, has now gone on for
weeks. Do you ever get off the dime?

--

-Mike-