Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Designing a work table with AC

Bill wrote:

Somehow it didn't occur to me until now that, in this project, EVERY
ONE of my screws will be attaching 2by-materials to 4by4s.

With all of that planning and Sketchup work? Bill... shame on you...

exchanged my deck screws for 3" ones today, but I will get longer
ones if that may give better performance.

Please don't. 2 1/2 would have done the job just fine, but the 3" will work
fine as well. Just... Do it!

I would rather swap them
now than have something become loose. What would be best? Box of
screws says, "pre-drilling recommended". Just drill 2/3 of the way,
right?

Drill through holes in the piecres you will be attaching to the 4x4. Then
just run them in. Did you not read the post I made about this very thing?

I'm glad to own a DW 10-Amp drill. It would be nice if it had a
clutch, but it makes easy work of long screws! It's among my "Best
Bang for the buck" tools, with my Sears ShopVac at the top!

I will be enough for the task at hand. That's no super drill, but it should
serve you well for a long time.

I'm looking forward to having a sturdy bench with a vise--projects
await!

We're looking forward to you getting it done and posting pictures.

--

-Mike-