Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John G John G is offline

Default Padookey

Gunner Asch pretended :
On Sun, 13 May 2012 13:14:53 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I want to transport a fairly large amount of raw gold within the borders of
the US on an airliner. I wrote to TSA and specifically asked them about
precious metals, and they sent me the info on currency restrictions. I went
to the customs website, but it isn't working.

It's scary to think who's driving this bus.

Does anyone have any personal knowledge, info, or experience in transporting
more than $10k worth of precious metals through TSA, and customs, although
this would be a domestic flight?

Steve

Gem merchants travel with a million dollars in diamonds regularly.

You may consider googling how they do it.

Gunner

But would diamonds show up like lead/gold on the airport scanner.

I had an uncle who actually was a jewelry trader before airport
scanners. In fact he mainly traveled by train and would just throw his
brief case on the rack as though it was only office papers etc
believing if it looked innocuous nobody would touch it.

--
John G