Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete S Pete S is offline

Default Pipe sizes

Could you not use mechanical steel tubing instead of Pipe?
I googled: tubing dimensions and selected a link called:

DOM mechanical steel tubing
There, I found a link to a pdf that has a wide range of info on this stuff.
It is generally spec'd by OD and wall thickness, which makes it easy to get
what you want.
Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to give you the exact link, because
it seemed to be about 5000 characters long.
I only seldom use it in the sizes you describe, but in the hobby world,
any good hobby store has tubing in small sizes that "telescope". That is---
there's a whole series of tubing in the 1/2" OD and smaller range that come
like this:
--- 1/4" OD with 0.029" wall. Then the next size down is 1/32" less in
OD.

Pete Stanaitis

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need to do some math on some pipe sizes. I may need as many as two
pipes within one, perhaps 3. The center one could be SS, or copper, as it
would have no abrasion on it.

Is there a chart where I would compare a bunch of pipe sizes to pick out
the ones I think may work together? I know there are slight variations in
sizes for all reasons, and will probably have to go to several sources.
It needs to be good steel pipe, corrosion and wear resistant grades.

Steve