Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Chipping" Metal

On 5/11/2012 10:38 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Sounds like that identifier paid for itself,
several times over?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Tom Gardner"mars@tacks wrote in message news:RP2dnXitW-

I have metal stamps that put tiny marks on my
products that are also made by other companies.
The marks code the date and the operator and
are built into the machine so it's automatic. we
have had lawsuits against us that turned out to
be a competitor's product and we proved it
wasn't ours.

We did it mostly to track any problems back to the operator to see if
there were any quality issues that could be cured by more training.