Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Shopping cart wheels/carts

I'm getting ready to make a pipe roller (weld positioner) to do some pipe.
I'm going to use a motor from a bbq pit, and think I can rheostat that down
to make it work.

I have access to shopping cart wheels all the time, and figure I'll get some
and make an alignment jig, and really make my cover 7018 figure 8 to make it
look nice. Kinda fudgin' for a 6g certified weldor, but what the heck?
This is for sale. And this is going to be less than the 4" in 6g anyway,
and I'm not that fast a mover to run a 6g half pipe pass around a short
length of 2" pipe.

What kind of things do you use shopping cart wheels for? I mean, what WOULD
you use them for, if it wasn't illegal to take them? And does that apply to
those that have been hit by a '88 Caddy, and are all twisted up?

I did take one of the nice metal baskets and use it for a dirt sifter for
the garden. The fold up feature works great, too, for dumping the rocks.

Steve