Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus29935 Ignoramus29935 is offline

Default Electric forklift battery chargers, do they have to be specialor not

On 2012-05-12, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ed Huntress fired this volley in
:

Why are these huge prime-mover batteries 12 V? I'd think they would
use much higher voltage battery packs, like electric cars, and for the
same reasons.

Walkie-stackers aren't "huge", and neither are the batteries. They're
about the same size as a semi-tractor's batteries.

The bigger forklift batteries are typically 36V or 48V.

LLoyd

Yes, this is a 6 cell, 12v battery. It is not huge, but it is not
super small either, in a steel case. I am guessing weighs 300+ lbs.

I am at work right now and I am charging the battery at 14.3 volts
from a voltage source.