Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whoyakidding whoyakidding is offline

Default Tube cutting on lathe

On Thu, 10 May 2012 21:07:34 -0400, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:

You suggest I buy a HF piece of HF machinery for a test?

If you were the successful business man you claim then normally I'd
suggest you buy something at least as nice as I have which was brand
name and about $350 about 5 years ago. I didn't give that expense a
second thought which must be quite the mystery to you. Now it's
confirmed that I made the right decision and I know what the machine
can do and I can recommend it as a good investment for any serious
shop no matter if it's needed for some particular job or just to have
for the next time it will come in handy. But in your case I recommend
that you keep blubbering instead.

They just
don't last, almost nothing they have is industrial rated.

Nobody mentioned anything about HF and your strawman is as ridiculous
as your other exaggerations.

I'm sure

I'm sure you can make up excuses until the cows come home.

it's
a very loud operation and won't do any better than cutting 6-off on a
bandsaw. How about I send you a tube and a check for your time to cut
so I can see if it's any better or faster?

I have various sizes of tubing on hand already but I don't need to run
any tests to know how long it would take to make your parts and how
many fewer steps than your goofball methods it would be. And I
wouldn't work for a dick like you for any price. I'm shocked I tell
you shocked that a windbag know nothing about politics turns out to be
a windbag know nothing about simple shop operations. The bottom line
is that your cuts are the area of 1/2"! solid rod and like I said I
agree that you need a lathe for heavy stuff like that. You shouldn't
even try it on anything less than 10hp and for ****s sake make sure
it's INDUSTRIAL rated.