Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tube cutting on lathe

On Thu, 10 May 2012 21:10:35 -0400, "Stephen B."
wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote

I would like to see ANYBODY cut 2" x .049" wall tube with a tube
cutter. It seems that politics overrides physics...loudly.

Hech, you can cut schedule 40 iron pipe with a "pipe cutter" which is
just a heavy duty tube cutter. I think Sched 80 is done the same way.

I might not be able to supply video, but 2" emt with 0.065 walls can
be cut.

you might want to check out your local electrical supplier for
tools...

I can see
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/122-Copp...e/EN/index.htm
being useful (but not cheap) both for cutting and cleaning at the same
station. might not be enough of a chamfer for you.

page 6 of the manual says up to 0.065 SS.wall thickness. all you would
need to do is set up a stop at the right location.