Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tube cutting on lathe

On 5/10/2012 2:09 PM, whoyakidding wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2012 10:50:51 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

wrote in message ...

Have you noticed that we are being completely ignored by the OP?? LOL!!!!!

Well you know us dumb liberals. Too ****ing stupid to use a lathe and
a custom made pipe cutter attachment to cut thin walled stock. Wait
until he tries to lop off some square tubing in his lathe. That
discussion will go on for months.

You just have to ask yourself what kind of a moron would ask if a tubing cutter could be used for cutting off tubing to begin with....

The whole thing is bizarre. Last week it was the fabricator that
didn't know how to drill holes.

So, not only is he a right wing nut-case and one of the biggest assholes
I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with on usenet over the past
15 years or so, but he's also dumber that ****ing box of old
door knobs--he's one of the very few individuals who go immediately
back into my killfile if they happen to escape and to whom I
wouldn't provide any sort of assistance even if their lives depended on it.

Windbag arsehole needs help with the most basic of shop tasks.
Leftards to the rescue! But the supposedly successful businessman
balks at investing in the obvious solution even though it's
ridiculously affordable and could be overnighted. What could be
better?

Please explain how your dry saw is superior to bandsawing 6 pieces at a
time in less than a minute without the noise and flying chips. The
parts STILL have to be deburred/chamfered. What am I missing?

I used a Milwaukee 14" abrasive chop saw and two different wheels today
and the results were HORRIBLE! The burrs were 10x the bandsaw and it
took five times as long per piece.

Or, you can just fling insults if you have no worthwhile answers, I
don't mind, those are amusing too.