Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Designing a work table with AC

Markem wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2012 23:45:38 -0400, wrote:

Over $500 to install a motor I can see (it's not like it's hidden behing
an alternator)? Grumble, grumble, $%#@#@!!!

Last September the AC condenser motor stoppped, I replaced the motor
and starter cap myself and it cost a bit under $400.

You must have bought a name-branded one, or maybe a really big one.

Did not have a
quote or a service check the motor temp was well above 140 degrees F
was the hint.

The top of my unit looks a little like it has been "cooked" too!

Mark

Mark, Since you just did this, what seals the conduit (around the wires)
to the motor, anything?

My motor is supposed to arrive tomorrow or Friday. Except for the detail
above, I think I'm ready.

Bill