Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whoyakidding whoyakidding is offline

Default Tube cutting on lathe

On Wed, 9 May 2012 20:03:45 -0400, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

Or, an abrasive wheel on a RAS/chop saw, using a stop. Quick too.

I'd use a dry cut saw with a stop. With care you wouldn't even have to
tighten the vise although some sort of lever or wedge used as a quick
clamp might be nice. Maybe 5 seconds per cut. Hardly any burr but
maybe another 10 seconds per end against a wire wheel in a bench
grinder to knock the sharp corners off. I can't believe that anyone
would even consider using a lathe to make or deburr cuts like that.
Kids these days.