Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Not What They Were Made For

On 5/9/2012 6:51 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
A couple years ago I bought a 2 pack of DeWalt 10" 80 tooth blades. I've
worn them both out cutting aluminum, but I can't complain. ...

Anyway, last time I looked those blade packs weren't available in the
local stores anymore. What other surprise quality blades might be out
there to look for?

That's surprising; DeWalt is generally the one thing the local hardware
and lumber yards can be counted on to have. I just bought a couple
replacements a couple of weeks ago; afaict they're pretty much same as
always if you want to just go internet mail order for something you're
comfortable with.

No idea what somebody else may have local; we don't have the box stores
so I can't go on what they have in stock 'cuz I don't know.

For medium price range, generally can't go too far south w/ Freud;
higher dollar is Amana, Tenryu, Oshlun, Forrest, probably roughly in
that order. I'd not abuse a Forrest that way, for example.