Rick Chamberlain

Default Ticked at Rocklear

In article ,
says...
In article ,
Rick Chamberlain wrote:

In article ,
says...
My impatience as you so cleverly put it was determined by the carpenter
I have on site, working. How about I send you the bill for his time to
wait some portion of two weeks? I also have no reason to think that
they would remove ALL lighting from the store while they've kept loads
of other things like knobs, hinges, bits, books and other things that
I'm sure don't sell as well.

So then, the lack of preparation on your part constitutes a crisis on
their part? Seems to me that you should have planned to have the
materials on site and returned the items you didn't use after the build.

Did it possibly occur to you that plans *sometimes* change as a project
moves along? In this case, we're renovating a built-in cabinet-oak
beadboard on sides, new oak-framed glass shelves, etc. My SO wanted
lighting, so it was an evolution, not something planned, but happened
along with other things. That simple.

Of course plans change. Kinda like a store's stocking policy on light
fixtures...

I don't think you get it. It's not like they have UC lighting and just
not what item or model I wanted. They had NONE, but the section was
still there.

And your point is?

I can't even get replacement bulbs for the existing product in the
store, let along things that are standard items.

Where did you get replacements before this project? Have the original
bulbs lasted 6 years?

I shouldn't have to pay for things that should be in the store which
were removed by some management droid based on his desires as revealed
by the sales associate. Remember, this SA had other problems over the
same thing and tried to get the guy to change things. He wouldn't making
the SA's job difficult, so the SA quit as he told me that customers were
complaining and he didn't like having to answser the problems he didn't
create. That says something.

You've got to be kidding me. The Milwaukee store has no lighting at
all, but they can order it from the catalog and get it within a week.
Once again, poor planning on your part...

Nope, according to THIS store, 2 weeks minimum, maybe. No absolute time
frame.

OK - again, different store policy. Maybe your store only orders stuff
every 2 weeks.

Have you ever managed a retail store? I have. They put extra crap in
the place where the "lighting" stuff was. Not a new product.

Once again - get over it. Plan better next time. Have more than one
option available. Let Rockler corporate know about the issue. What do
you want, a freaking medal?

You're acting like an arrogant butt....You ought to have a clue that
yes, planning is important. BUT....*sometimes" changes occur along the
way that are NOT PLANNED! Like I've said, I'd have NO COMPLAINT if it
were obsecure items. NONE. This is everyday stuff. Besides, as the SA
said, *other customers* are having similar problems over other items and
management is *not listening*. Somehow, that seems to be an indication
of something being wrong with what's happening at the store. What about
that don't you understand?

I understand that stores change their policies all the time and don't
bother to call or write me to see if it's OK to do so. Case in point -
my local Ace store no longer stocks 3/4" BX flex conduit. They did
stock it 2 months ago. I could have raised holy hell and told the SA
that management sucked because they chose to let the inventory run out
and not stock it anymore, but I realize that not every store can stock
every item.

You know, if this is everyday stuff, why don't you head on over to your
local Ace hardware, Farm and Fleet, or Home Depot or any other store
that carries lighting? As for the SA, well, s/he's just an SA and not
the manager. Go to the horses mouth.

Had it been what I thought to be a low demand item, or obscure thing,
I'd have done that. I don't think that UC lights are obsecure as
compared to the knobs, bits and other things that are in the store. I
don't think I'd buy that, especially in light of the SA's comments of
other problems this guy is causing. That is what tells...isn't it?

Unfortunately, bad assumption on your part.
Good luck with the project.

Not an assumption on my part at all. It's what the SA told me...the one
who was quitting over these problems. He was tired of having to deal
with the upset customers and not having products...along with
unresponsive management.

Not once have you mentioned that you spoke to the "unresponsive
management". You have said repeatedly that you spoke to a SA, who could
have been yanking your chain. If your contention is correct - that
these UC fixtures are common - then you should have been able to find a
couple in the metro Chicago area - and probably closer to home than
Rockler is. Instead, you chose to publicly lambaste a store because it
changed its stocking policies and you don't like it.

Just who is acting like an arrogant butt now?

--
Regards,

Rick

(Remove the HIGH SPOTS for e-mail)