Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Designing a work table

Bill wrote:

One question I am trying to find the answer to, which surely is in the
"beginner" category, is whether the rubber conduit that covers the 3
wires from the electrical fan comes already attached to the fan?

Obviously, I meant, already attached to the fan *Motor*, rather than the
fan.

And, if
not, then how is it attached to the motor, and should it be replaced
periodically? I think we all want to keep our high voltage wires Dry!
: ) It the conduit comes attached to the motor, than that nullifies all
of my concerns about that.

Concerning a new work table, I'm looking forward to building one very
much like the one Swingman posted a SU diagram of recently. Except mine
will be 40" tall (higher), shorter in length, and sport a machinist
vise. I have little doubt that it will live a long and useful life, like
everyone else's first bench's seem to. I have a very slight tendancy to
permit things to get complicated, but I need the bench too much to let
that happen here. I can worry about the drawers, inlay, breadboard ends,
and relief-carved ornamentation later: : )

Bill