Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Designing a work table

On 5/7/2012 10:45 PM, Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:

I'll be able to get back to ww stuff soon.

Don't feel too bad. I have been forced to do more ww because of AC
repairs ... last month it was $1400+ to replace the coil in my upstairs
unit (and this was with my "$200 discount", after having paid this same
HVAC contractor over $100K in the last decade to install HVAC in new homes).

It felt strange to pass on the repair, but I have no regrets so far.
So far it's hot, but nice not feeling like a victim. He wasn't going to
replace it today anyway, so I'd still be hot! : )

Even a "builder grade" (usually a Goodman around here) compressor and
fan unit (the part that sits outside) runs around $1800 - $2000 to
replace. That's about what I've had to pay to replace those stolen off
of construction sites the last couple of times that has happened.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010