Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Yankee push drill #50 three jaw chuck dis-assembly.

On Tue, 08 May 2012 12:08:15 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

Actually, I have three of them: two Yankee screwdrivers, and one
Yankee drill. The drill has a chrome handle and a set of
straight-flute bits in the handle. The screwdrivers are bigger, and
have wooden handles.

The ones I was referring do actually were Yankee screwdrivers. I use
my drill around the house for making little holes. It's much lighter
and handier than a cordless drill for small jobs.

Until I got my cordless, I used it for drilling pilot holes in the
cedar siding (80 years old, each piece removed, glued where necessary,
and belt-sanded before replacing) on one side of my house.
It did get to my wrist after a while, which is why I got the cordless
drill.

Ah, that's right.
The Yankee drill was the 'little Yankee screwdriver' I misremembered.

The Yankee 133H & 233H both look like very nice tools, though.
http://www.oldtoolsnstuff.com/yankeescrewdriverpage.htm

I doubt they *ever* need recharging.

That depends on what you ate for breakfast. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress