Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default SCORE!

On Tue, 8 May 2012 09:40:48 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 8 May 2012 09:01:03 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"tnik" wrote in message
I finally found a Darex E90 endmill sharpener in CHERRY condition, and
with
all the collets, stones, guide finger... even a stand, for $1400!

YES... no more dull bits!

LLoyd

Nice! I'd love to get one of those all in one cnc sharpeners for the
shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PId...hannel&list=UL

Wait until you see _Modern Machine Shop_ in June. There's a cutter
grinder in there that dreams are made of. $800,000, but man, oh man.
It will grind logarithmic reliefs on your gear hobs, from both sides
at once d8-)

Those kind of machines are a good part of reason why commodity cutting tools
are so cheap when you subtract raw materials cost

We had a couple of 9axis huffmann at the lazy B back in the day; mostly, we
used them for semi-production regrinds of carbide endmills so they were
grossly under-utilized IMO

Anyways, if you get a chance, take a look at some of his other videos--a
exceptionally creative individual whom I'd hire in an instant if he came
knocking.

Ok. Thanks. BTW, the grinder I'm talking about will be in the Amada
Machine Tools booth at IMTS. It's called the DV-7M. Tell them I sent
you.

--
Ed Huntress