Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default SCORE!

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in message . 3.70...
"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this
volley in newsdKdnSvKp9mm3jTSnZ2dnUVZ_uCdnZ2d@scnresearch. com:

"tnik" wrote in message
I finally found a Darex E90 endmill sharpener in CHERRY condition,
and with
all the collets, stones, guide finger... even a stand, for $1400!

YES... no more dull bits!

LLoyd

Nice! I'd love to get one of those all in one cnc sharpeners for the
shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PId...hannel&list=UL

Tell me what's wrong with that process.

If I were, I'd start with his using a Bison scroll chuck to "center" the
cutters. chuckle

It's an interesting _use_ of the mill's 4th axis, but I'll bet every one
of those cutters (in that example) cuts on only one flute.

Personally I would suggest a 5c setup or at least a 3-jaw with freshly re-ground masters but in reality, the larger the cutter diameter, the less important it becomes to be perfectly centered; where you are mostly hogging aluminum for instance with say, a 1in dia cutter at .030 IPT, then 5 thou of runout is basically inconsequential.

Also, you might be surprised at how accurately most new, medium quality, 3 jaws will repeat out-of box up until they finally get whacked a good one.