Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Yankee push drill #50 three jaw chuck dis-assembly.

On Tue, 08 May 2012 09:02:57 -0700, Winston
wrote:

DoN. Nichols wrote:

(...)

The Yankee screwdrivers (and drills) are intersting tools, and
I've admired them since I first saw one being used by a handyman in
elemetary school working on a door. I think that I was in either the
first grade or the third at that time.

I vaguely recall seeing a miniature version for
sale somewhere. It would've been very useful in
rewiring Data Acquisition probes.

My neighbor built an entire plywood boat with one of those, using
brass screws, back when they screwed boats together rather than gluing
them. I watched him work for hours when I was a kid.

They're very slick. I still have two of them, and used one to assemble
the 1/2" seat decking on my son's luxury sandbox 20 years ago.

But I've never taken one apart, so I can't answer the OP's question.

--
Ed Huntress

--Winston-- Yes, I thought it was adorable. What of it?