Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Maybe I am Just Using it More...

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I went ahead and swapped pumps on that small compressor. I like it.
Doesn't seem to work as hard, yet seems to fill the tank faster. No clue
how that works.

Anyway, I have noticed it seems to condense a lot more water than the old
pump. How the heck could that be? Humidity is 19% right now which is a
little higher than normal, but still...

I live in a very arid area. My stand up Husky, about a 5 hp, 33 gal. gets
LOTS of condensation in there.

Those HD Husky's are pretty good compressors, surprisingly quiet.
I recommend wiring the motor for 220, and wiring the coil of a relay to the
pressure switch, let the relay contacts deal with the surge current. Will
save the pressure switch, which is proly none to robust.

Re-plumbing the drain is a good idea. Helps to have the unit sit on some
2x4s, for a little room down there. A small ball valve off 1/4" water
dispenser-type tubing is good, air hose is good too.
--
EA

The first time I bled it, about two cups
came out. Now when I drain it, I have to put a BIG towel under there, or
water goes all over the place.

Steve