Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Designing a work table

Over $500 to install a motor I can see (it's not like it's hidden behing
an alternator)? Grumble, grumble, $%#@#@!!!

It felt strange to pass on the repair, but I have no regrets so far.
So far it's hot, but nice not feeling like a victim. He wasn't going
to replace it today anyway, so I'd still be hot! : )

Larry Jaques wrote:

When you get there, make sure it's not just the squirrel cage screw
which had come loose and allowed the cage to get hung, causing an
apparent motor freezeup.

Naw, he batted the fan around with a piece of wood. It didn't want to
turn.

My new Carrier Infinity had that problem a
few months old, but it wobbled and vibrated instead of hanging. That
whole 1500s/f system was $6k installed. The house had baseboard
heaters and no fans before that. It's 96% efficient, has A/C and
everything. I love it!

Nice upgrade!

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca