Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Designing a work table

On 5/7/2012 3:34 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

If we are not discussing the same thing, then it is you who distracted the
conversation Karl. I was very clear in what I posted to Bill,

Except that you CLEARLY posted/replied to me, not Bill:

On 5/7/2012 12:20 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

The difference between mediocrity and supremacy is attention to
detail; and that detail is the essence of what a plan/design

provides.

For some things - agreed. Very much so. For other things - not so much.
Some things are purely utilitarian, and detail be damned. For

example - I
need a sawhorse now. I can spend all kinds of time designing and

creating
the perfect sawhorse, or I can crudely knock one together to get the job
done. Who really cares if it has any usefullness beyond the next 20

hours?
I simply need to get this done. So - there is a simple case where

ability
and capability, accompanied by a modicum of experience, result in

perfection
in time of need. Not at all elegant. Might even end up in the burn

pile at
the end. So what? Didn't need art.

You just described the importance of using a design tool, which was
why it was so exciting to me to get my hands on an easy to use design
tool like Sketchup when it first became available.

Inarguable when it comes to the stuff you normall deal in. Different
though, when dealing with utilitarian stuff.

Make a detailed plan, and execute the plan, and you can win wars and
build skyscrapers.

Only if the skyscraper actually ever begins to be built.

-- -Mike-

IOW, YOU replied to MY post to Bill with a bunch of qualifiers, and
you're going to what??:

I'm going to call bull****
on you on that one.

Marlow, simply go **** yourself.