Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stanley Schaefer Stanley Schaefer is offline

Default Maybe I am Just Using it More...

On May 7, 11:51*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Bob La Londe" wrote in .. .

I went ahead and swapped pumps on that small compressor. *I like it.
Doesn't seem to work as hard, yet seems to fill the tank faster. *No clue
how that works.

Anyway, I have noticed it seems to condense a lot more water than the old
pump. *How the heck could that be? *Humidity is 19% right now which is a
little higher than normal, but still...

I live in a very arid area. *My stand up Husky, about a 5 hp, 33 gal. gets
LOTS of condensation in there. *The first time I bled it, about two cups
came out. *Now when I drain it, I have to put a BIG towel under there, or
water goes all over the place.

Steve

A lot of guys will put a ball valve and an elbowed piece of pipe to
the outside on a stationary installation. Beats crawling around
trying to open an old-style petcock. The valve doesn't HAVE to be
immediately under the tank.

As far as the O.P.'s question, does the new compressor have a larger
cylinder and/or run slower than the old one? Might be the air doesn't
get heated as hot during compression so it doesn't take as long for
the water to condense out.

Stan