Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default 2 combi boilers?

On Mon, 07 May 2012 00:54:52 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
You can say the same thing about driving a car too.

Plenty manage to **** that up at times too.

Specially with something like that you don't do very often at all.

What exactly is difficult about continuing what you were doing with a
little less speed?

Lot less speed in fact.

No.

Yep.

Lift your foot off the gas and you will slow down very gradually.

Wrong, as always.

You need to service your car.

The difficulty is the stupid hoon children like
you that don't see any brake lights coming on.

People do it all the time, if they don't need to slow down enough to
brake. It doesn't cause problems.

But does if some stupid hoon child like you is behind them.

I don't need brake lights to tell me something is slowing down.

One woman did it to me once, but she paid for it. There was no damage to my car at all, and she lost a radiator a bumper and two headlights.

A bloke did too, but that was in snow. He bounced off the tyre on the back of my 4x4 and caused no damage to either vehicle. Makes you think they should add some rubber to all cars.

Fortunately that isn't that common because
most of them have killed themselves by now.

Making your original point about slowing down due to engine cutout moot.

Plenty have got rammed up the arse by some hoon kid like you
in those circumstances too, essentially because the brake lights
don't come on and the stupid hoon kid just rams you up the arse.

Absolute bull****.

Fact.

Otherwise that would be happening all the time whenever someone took
their foot off the gas.

Wrong, as always. They slow down MUCH
more quickly when the engine is killed.

Nope.

Yep.

If I turn off my ignition I don't slow down very quickly. It's precisely
the same as letting my foot off the gas.

Few are actually stupid enough to do that

Try it. It doesn't do what you think it does.

when driving around at the speed limit on normal roads.

Who drives as slow as the speed limit?

And there is absolutely no point whatever in killing the engine instead
of just flashing a warming on the dash anyway in that situation.

Killing the engine stops it causing dfamage immediately.

Wrong, as always.

You're very fond of stating things without backing them up.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or no grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that ALERT Notice from Microsoft. However, by pouring a complete
circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.