Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default Yankee push drill #50 three jaw chuck dis-assembly.

"Machinist60" wrote in message
I was cleaning a recently acquired North Bros. Yankee No 50 push drill. When washing
the crud out of the chuck with solvent it seems that some debris has jammed it. Does
any one know how to disassemble this chuck or a more appropriate forum on which to
post this question?

Photos he
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r.../P1000365e.jpg
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r.../P1000361e.jpg
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r.../P1000371e.jpg

There isn't any way to open the casing, the slot in the inside on the end of the
spindle cannot be turned either way with reasonable force. I am not sure of the
purpose of the pin, it does not appear to hold the threaded portion to the
Archimedes spindle, it appears to be one piece.

Thanks, John.

You may find a clue here http://www.stanleytoolparts.com/yankeeratcheting.html
Art