Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tire/wheel balancing at home

wrote in message
On Sun, 6 May 2012 12:32:16 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

While I have no independent proof, I think my pinpoint balancer that
supports the wheel barely above its three-dimensional center of
gravity detects dynamic unbalance when the wheel is rotated. IIRC it
wobbled when spun by hand, after arranging the weights for static
balance.

Can't

The tire should wobble when it rotates if the heavy spots are high on
one side and low on the other, and the tire is supported at and
rotates around its center of gravity.

The fixture I built wears too quickly for much experimentation.

Can anyone comment on the ~$40 Harbor Freight tire mounter/dismounter?

jsw