Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default SCORE!

"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley
in news:TsKdndzOH4OXuTvSnZ2dnUVZ_h2dnZ2d@scnresearch. com:

At this point, I'm pretty well convinced that your "couple of regular
users" are either pulling your leg, have never used better equipment,
and/or seldom purchase new endmills or more likely some combination of
the above.

That said, they are what they are, mine has probably saved me nearly
100 grand over the years, but there are a handful of jobs that I run
here where I really do need a high quality grind, and those tools I
send out, mostly because I do not have the floor space for another
grinder.

Maybe from your elevated perch of actually doing the machining itself for
a living, you don't see things from the perspective of 'normal' people
who build stuff for a living, and only do machining as an expedient to
getting stuff built.

If you - as a 35-year veteran PRECISION machinist - have only a
'handful' of jobs needing a better-ground cutter than the Darex can
produce, then you've just admitted it will do one hell of a good job.
Either that, or folks don't trust your skills enough to give you more
than a handful of jobs requiring good finish. I would hope it's the
former and not the latter.

I have a spare granite plate occupying the same spot now that the E90
would fit nicely into. That's a good idea.

Lloyd

LLoyd