Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default SCORE!

Ignoramus18788 fired this volley in
:

Keep us posted. End mills seem to be very cheap at Enco. Say, a 2
flute 1/2 end mill is $9.99, double ended. With carbide, though,
economies would be substantial.

Ig, one thing I have found is that it's worth the money to go with
premium US-made endmills, even when you're talking about HSS.

I have several 3/4" and larger milling cutters 4" long. They are
immensely expensive (per pound), and the Chicom cutters just don't keep
cutting cleanly for about 1/4 of the time the good US cutters do.

It might be the grinding. If so, I'm about to learn an expensive lesson
(one way or the other). But since these E-90 machines sell all day long
(used) for more than $1600, I figure I'm pretty safe.

LLoyd