Rick Chamberlain

Default Ticked at Rocklear

In article ,
says...
My impatience as you so cleverly put it was determined by the carpenter
I have on site, working. How about I send you the bill for his time to
wait some portion of two weeks? I also have no reason to think that
they would remove ALL lighting from the store while they've kept loads
of other things like knobs, hinges, bits, books and other things that
I'm sure don't sell as well.

So then, the lack of preparation on your part constitutes a crisis on
their part? Seems to me that you should have planned to have the
materials on site and returned the items you didn't use after the build.

I don't think you get it. It's not like they have UC lighting and just
not what item or model I wanted. They had NONE, but the section was
still there.

And your point is?

I shouldn't have to pay for things that should be in the store which
were removed by some management droid based on his desires as revealed
by the sales associate. Remember, this SA had other problems over the
same thing and tried to get the guy to change things. He wouldn't making
the SA's job difficult, so the SA quit as he told me that customers were
complaining and he didn't like having to answser the problems he didn't
create. That says something.

You've got to be kidding me. The Milwaukee store has no lighting at
all, but they can order it from the catalog and get it within a week.
Once again, poor planning on your part...

Free shipping = 2 weeks(maybe) in time. Not always a good trade. In this
case, you're forgetting there is a cabinetmaker working on site.

See previous point about poor planning.

Have you ever managed a retail store? I have. They put extra crap in
the place where the "lighting" stuff was. Not a new product.

Once again - get over it. Plan better next time. Have more than one
option available. Let Rockler corporate know about the issue. What do
you want, a freaking medal?

Had it been what I thought to be a low demand item, or obscure thing,
I'd have done that. I don't think that UC lights are obsecure as
compared to the knobs, bits and other things that are in the store. I
don't think I'd buy that, especially in light of the SA's comments of
other problems this guy is causing. That is what tells...isn't it?

Unfortunately, bad assumption on your part.
Good luck with the project.
--
Regards,

Rick