Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Phil Kangas[_4_] Phil Kangas[_4_] is offline

Default Small engine help

"dpb" wrote in message
On 5/4/2012 3:42 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:

The basic speed mechanism is that the speed
control lever pulls on a
spring which is attached to the carb throttle.
More spring tension at
higher settings. The governor pulls back on the
throttle. The engine
runs at the balance point of these 2 forces
(governor & spring). (I know
dpb said it was the other way around, but I've
never seen one that
worked that way.)

Well, my bad...sorry, and thanks for the
clarification.

I just was thinking about that I had gotten the
spring on the wrong side of the fulcrum and it
was pulling the throttle full open having done
so.

--

Thanks for posting a humble, and rare, admission
of a ****up! ;)}