Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Small engine help

On 5/4/2012 3:42 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:

The basic speed mechanism is that the speed control lever pulls on a
spring which is attached to the carb throttle. More spring tension at
higher settings. The governor pulls back on the throttle. The engine
runs at the balance point of these 2 forces (governor & spring). (I know
dpb said it was the other way around, but I've never seen one that
worked that way.)

Well, my bad...sorry, and thanks for the clarification.

I just was thinking about that I had gotten the spring on the wrong side
of the fulcrum and it was pulling the throttle full open having done so.