Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default JVC 55" Rear-projection TV

Our 18 year-old rear projection TV (JVC 55" Letter-box) has finally failed...
or not quite... the blue sweep only, dips dramatically in the upper middle of
the screen making for some garish looking pictures... particularly on old B&W
Hitchcock re-runs (playing here w/o commercials ;-)

So I bought a 55" LCD (LED-backlit) at 1/4 the price of the original.

The new set weighs 40#, the old one is so heavy I can barely
lift one end. I had visions of throwing it on my pick-up truck and taking it
to this weekend's hazardous waste at the local park. But I'd need a couple of
moving-company-strength assistants.

Anyone here in Arizona want it?

If not I'll bust it up and dispose in liftable chunks.

Also listed at...

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/2994884637.html

Contact info in the sig...

...Jim Thompson