Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Weekly spends on domestic requisoites

On Tue, 01 May 2012 00:33:48 +0100, wrote:

Lidl is 32 miles and in a city centre so a bit of PITA to get to.

slightly less PITA route is couple of miles longer. Aldi is 22

miles or
24 miles.

I'm surprised I'm less isolated than you;

We are probably the most isolated town in England. "England's Last
Wilderness", although not liked by some, is pretty accurate. You can
pretty much place six Dartmoors around Alston and not seriously
overlap anything other than small villages here and there. And
Dartmoor has a relatively dense population and road network.

... having lived in the sticks here for so long I've got used to no
shops on my doorstep.

Aye, you do get used to it. If going some where you always think what
else can I do/get on the same trip. No.1 Daughter failed dismally to
get out of bed this morning so had to take her to school (well late),
got milk etc but forgot that I need to also check what fish food the
petshop has. Might have to make a second trip... Grrr.

--
Cheers
Dave.