Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Planning a Shed to Office conversion (with a new shed). Need some advice

rmwebs (REMOVETHIS)rick.sketchy(AT)gmail.com(REMOVETHIS) wrote:

I've had a bit more info brought to me about the metre-from-fence rule.
Apparently it either no longer applies, or isnt used in our area.

Even the official planning information for sheds doesn't mention it. All
thy do mention is that if its within 2 metres of your boundary, that it
has to be a maximum of 2.5 metres tall.

Take a look at the below links:
'Planning Portal - Guide to the planning permission and permitted
development regimes for outbuildings' (http://tinyurl.com/62s88gd) (Go
to Slide 8)

http://tinyurl.com/69b3ekz (no mention of a metre rule)

Then from my local council:
http://www.stalbans.gov.uk/Images/A%20Householder's%20Guide%20to%20Permitted%20Devel opment%20Rights_tcm15-6596.pdf
and
'St Albans City & District Council - Extensions, porches,
conservatories, detached garages, summerhouses'
(http://tinyurl.com/7yhsey2) (skip down to the last bold heading).

Am I missing something here? :/

Yes, you are looking at planning legislation, but you also need
to consider compliance with Building Regulations.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.