rmwebs rmwebs is offline
Junior Member

I've had a bit more info brought to me about the metre-from-fence rule. Apparently it either no longer applies, or isnt used in our area.

Even the official planning information for sheds doesn't mention it. All thy do mention is that if its within 2 metres of your boundary, that it has to be a maximum of 2.5 metres tall.

Take a look at the below links:
Planning Portal - Guide to the planning permission and permitted development regimes for outbuildings (Go to Slide 8)

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/upl...tbuildings.pdf (no mention of a metre rule)

Then from my local council:
http://www.stalbans.gov.uk/Images/A%20Householder's%20Guide%20to%20Permitted%20Devel opment%20Rights_tcm15-6596.pdf
and
St Albans City & District Council - Extensions, porches, conservatories, detached garages, summerhouses (skip down to the last bold heading).

Am I missing something here? :/