Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default "When multimeters go boom..."

"Cydrome Leader"
Phil Allison

"William Sommer******"

You'll like this. (For those easily offended, these Ozians drop a few S
bombs.) Watch all of it. The demo with the aluminum block is surprising.

http://hackaday.com/2010/05/05/when-multimeters-go-boom

** For better or worse, I know the two people in that video.

Particularly Doug Ford, the one who built the pulse energy box.

Doug was formerly chief designer for Jands Electronics - a Sydney based
manufacturer of professional audio and lighting equipment. The largest
such
company in Australia. Then he moved on to Rode Microphones ( also in
Sydney)
and did a number of designs for them - including their first " tube mic
".

We used to talk about tech stuff on the phone regularly and met up on
several occasions too.

how's Dave in real life?

** Never actually eyeballed the guy - we spoke on the phones a couple of
times.

What you see in the EE Blog videos is pretty much what you get.

He has an opinion on everything and most of them are erroneous.

.... Phil