Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT Survey

Doug wrote:
On Tue, 01 May 2012 13:07:19 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 01 May 2012 12:47:34 -0700, JRStern
wrote:

I'm facing the same question, whether I can or should sell a house
in this awful market or try to rent it out to carry for a couple of
years, and if so just what to include.

Become the banker. Sell the cabin to the renter. If you hold the
paper know when to foreclose.

As long as you know that a bankruptcy can stop a foreclosure dead in
its tracks (well at least in Texas). Going thru this now for the 2nd
time on a house I hold the paper to.

In Texas, a homestead declaration can protect a home from seizure in
bankruptcy or other debt, with three exceptions:
1. Taxes,
2. A loan to BUY the property,
3. A loan to IMPROVE the property.

Florida has the same or similar protections. I don't know about other
states.