Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 2 combi boilers?

Lieutenant Scott wrote
2BSur2Bsur wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote
kent wrote
Jim K wrote
kent wrote

This is probably a daft idea, but I'd be interesting to see if there
is
any mileage in it! Combi boilers tend to work best in smaller
properties, so for a larger property would it be possible (or make
any
sense) to have 2 combi boilers serving different parts of the house?
By "larger" I don't mean a mansion I mean a 4 bedroomed house with 3
showers!

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

ah the old ones are always the best....

nope! Thought of it all by myself! Is it that stupid then?

Only as stupid as having two engines in your car.

Well a hybrid has more than one source of motive power. Toyota Prius has
3
sources (internal combustion engine and 2 motor-generators which can
operate
in series or in parallel powering front wheels). Peugeot 3008 has 2
sources
(diesel engine for front wheels and one motor powering the rear wheels).
Chevy Volt/Vauxhall Ampera has 4 I think (one motor per wheel)....

Yes, but..... have you ever seen a central heating system with more than
one fuel?

Yep, plenty of people use a wood stove and something else as well, oil or
gas.