Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default "When multimeters go boom..."

Phil Allison wrote:

"William Sommer******"

You'll like this. (For those easily offended, these Ozians drop a few S
bombs.) Watch all of it. The demo with the aluminum block is surprising.

http://hackaday.com/2010/05/05/when-multimeters-go-boom

** For better or worse, I know the two people in that video.

Particularly Doug Ford, the one who built the pulse energy box.

Doug was formerly chief designer for Jands Electronics - a Sydney based
manufacturer of professional audio and lighting equipment. The largest such
company in Australia. Then he moved on to Rode Microphones ( also in Sydney)
and did a number of designs for them - including their first " tube mic ".

We used to talk about tech stuff on the phone regularly and met up on
several occasions too.

how's Dave in real life?