Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
JRStern JRStern is offline

Default OT Survey

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 06:49:41 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

The log house which my wife wound up with after her mother died - and into
which we have been pouring money, lo, these many months - is now ready to
sell or rent. Given the market, it is most likely to be rented. I have
only rented two unfurnished apartments in my life and that was years ago.

Having no experience as either a renter or landlord, I would appreciate
knowing what you would expect if you were looking to rent an unfurnished
house.

Really no guidelines, it's between you and the tenant, and of course
can pretty much be adjusted by changing the rent.

I'm facing the same question, whether I can or should sell a house in
this awful market or try to rent it out to carry for a couple of
years, and if so just what to include.

As a landlord renting can either be a breeze or a nightmare, or
anything in between. Depends on the tenant of course, and also on
events, what happens to break and why.

J.