Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Planning a Shed to Office conversion (with a new shed). Need some advice

In article ,
Owain writes:
On Apr 30, 10:50*pm, jgharston wrote:
When I worked in IT I'd get people saying "the keyboard's broken",
so I'd take a spare keyboard along to investigate, only to find
out that actually the /computer/ wasn't working.

That's what happens when you put computers on people's desks, instead
of locking them in computer rooms where they should be and giving
people microcode-loadable terminals over differential bidirectional
error-corrected twin coax links to a Wang VS.

I've seen so many companies which really should be using Sunrays,
but are spending a fortune on having teams of people trying to
keep desktop PCs working. Compare with just one person looking after
all the unix servers and Sunrays.

--
Andrew Gabriel