Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default 2 combi boilers?

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 23:15:48 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote

Mine didn't.

You probably maintain it better than me.

Nope. Didn't maintain it at all in fact.

It only got the one oil change in 35+ years.

Are you telling me I could get away without oil changes?

Dunno. It used some oil and I figured that that was something
like what it would get with oil changes, so didn't bother.

Our system does some pretty rigorous emissions testing
on annual car rego checks and that didn't show up higher
wear than normal.

Aren't you leaving gunk and bits of ground steel in the sump though?

I only stopped using that car because I was stupid enough
to not bother to fix the windscreen seal leak. I knew it could
get a wet floor after very heavy rain and it eventually rusted
a hole in the corner of the floor and I was too lazy to fix that
given that it had given 35+ years of service fine.

I get a new windscreen every year or two. My car seems to attract stones flicked up by other vehicles.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

On a Continental Flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said,
"Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights.
This is for your comfort, and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."