Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default 2 combi boilers?

On Tue, 01 May 2012 12:15:20 +0100, 2BSur2Bsur wrote:

On 28/04/12 20:30, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:07:33 +0100, kent wrote:

On Wednesday, 25 April 2012 20:05:20 UTC+1, Jim K wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 19:57:44 +0100, kent wrote:

This is probably a daft idea, but I'd be interesting to see if there is
any mileage in it! Combi boilers tend to work best in smaller
properties, so for a larger property would it be possible (or make any
sense) to have 2 combi boilers serving different parts of the house?
By "larger" I don't mean a mansion I mean a 4 bedroomed house with 3
showers!
Thanks for any thoughts on this.

ah the old ones are always the best....

nope! Thought of it all by myself! Is it that stupid then?

Only as stupid as having two engines in your car.

Well a hybrid has more than one source of motive power. Toyota Prius has 3
sources (internal combustion engine and 2 motor-generators which can operate
in series or in parallel powering front wheels). Peugeot 3008 has 2 sources
(diesel engine for front wheels and one motor powering the rear wheels).
Chevy Volt/Vauxhall Ampera has 4 I think (one motor per wheel)....

Yes, but..... have you ever seen a central heating system with more than one fuel?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

It is OK to let your mind go blank, but please turn off the sound.