Andytaylor1963 Andytaylor1963 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr(bob) [email
wrote:
Can any one help please? I am attempting to install a new ceiling light
in a single switched single light configuration in our downstairs
toilet. I dismantled the old light and re-wired the new light in excatly
the same configuration as the old one. There are 2 black wires, one red
wire and one earth wire. I have established that the red is the switched
live by testing with a circuit tester. When the light is switched on the
neutral terminal becomes live when a bulb is inserted so the circuit is
completing itself but the bulb stubbornly refuses to light up. I have
exchanged the light unit thinking it may be faulty bu to no avail. The
red is insterted in the "L" part of the block and the blacks are
inserted in the "N" part of the block. The house earth is attached to
the light fitting earth correctly so I am now at a loss. Help
please...... Thanks

--
Andytaylor1963

Are you in the USA, Canada, Somewhere in Europe, Australia, Japan,
China,?????? Settle this first so you get reasonable answers
Never thought about that....... I am in the UK.
Thanks very much for your responses.
I think it has been re-wired incorrectly. When we bought the house an extension had already been built and sadly this isn't the first time we have found difficulties....... The worst one of which was the ommission of a lintel to hold up a retaining wall!