Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default OT Survey

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 21:13:33 -0700 (PDT), "J. Clarke"
wrote:

On Apr 29, 6:49*am, "dadiOH" wrote:
The log house which my wife wound up with after her mother died - and into
which we have been pouring money, lo, these many months - is now ready to
sell or rent. *Given the market, it is most likely to be rented. *I have
only rented two unfurnished apartments in my life and that was years ago.

* The first was totally bare...no stove, no fridge, no drapes, no nothing.

* The second had drapes - rather nice ones - and a stove but no fridge.

Having no experience as either a renter or landlord, I would appreciate
knowing what you would expect if you were looking to rent an unfurnished
house.

* Drapes?
* Stove?
* Microwave?
* Dishwasher?
* Fridge?
* Washer & dryer?
* Washer and dryer hookups only?
* Anything else?

I'd also appreciate knowing if you would expect to do any of these yourself.
* Change air filters? *Buy them?
* Maintain salt level in water softener? *Buy the salt?
* Cut the grass?
* What other maintenance or repair?

Thanks for your time

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

First thing, check the law.

Good idea.

Generally (but YMMV) in the US you can't
rent without a certificate of occupancy and that normally specifies a
working kitchen.

No, a 'fridge is not usually necessary to get a CO. Stove, yes.

There may be other requirements in your locality
specific to rentals.

Yes.