Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default New Lightweight Exoskeleton Suit being developed

Co-incidence, but the front page of the local paper this morning......

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2012/04/30/19697486.html

Doesn't look as "smooth" as the OP video, but then he's just starting,
and has zero use of his legs, sooooooo......maybe some day!?!?

Brian Lawson.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:23:43 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 16:52:45 -0400
"Wild_Bill" wrote:

Interesting research and engineering, Leon. As I was reading I was relating
the pneumatic assist effect to a cuff-type wrist-wrap blood pressure meter
that uses a tiny pump to inflate a bladder in the wrist cuff.

These cuff-type BP meters are a bit larger than a Dick Tracy wrist radio,
but the pressure from the little pump applies considerable pressure in the
cuff.. and from just a couple of AAA batteries which last for many tests.

FWIW, larger bladders are used by fire/rescue teams for lifting heavy
objects and/or vehicles.

I knew of the bladders, big trucks use a type of bladder too for lift
axles and sometimes for the spring/suspension. I hadn't ever seen
something though that could pull quite like this.

I was curious if you could buy the PAM's (just a regular joe) and that
led me to this document, which is actually a slide show presentation:

http://www.me.gatech.edu/biorobo/icr...ka_niiyama.pdf

They are rolling their own version to get custom specifications. On
page four they have a parts list consisting of clamps, nylon
sleeve, stop plug, rubber tube, and supply plug.