Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] grimly4@gmail.com is offline

Default Weekly spends on domestic requisoites

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 13:08:59 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

Lidl is 32 miles and in a city centre so a bit of PITA to get to. A
slightly less PITA route is couple of miles longer.

Aldi is 22 miles or 24 miles.

I'm surprised I'm less isolated than you; having lived in the sticks
here for so long I've got used to no shops on my doorstep.
There's a Lidl and Aldi 12 miles from me, another pair 20 miles away,
a local supermart 5 miles (only the odd visit from me).
For years the only money-saver at all was a solitary Lidl store, but
it was worthwhile doing the trip for a monthly shop.
The Irish supermarket chains had the rip-off mentality down to a fine
art and it wasn't until Lidl appeared on the scene that things
changed.